Sunday, October 07, 2012

Cooking at home :)


Eating your greens.
Grandma fries up these crunchy long beans cut into sections.
And lean chicken pieces that lock in the juices from the stock.
Mmm.


And if you never fancied greens.
Vergetables in disguise might be the way to go.
Grated turnip strips.
Stewed till thoroughly infused with the savoury gravy flavoured by dried cuttlefish slices.
It's a sweet savoury affair that unfortunately keeps bowls of rice coming.


And just because it was Children's Day,
I decided to make myself some breakfast.
Not that I was in denial about my age but that it was a legit holiday hey. :)
Sesame oil, dark soy sauce, ketchup and chilli, pepper to taste.
And if you wanted, a dash of oyster sauce. 


Grilled chicken fillet, diced.
Japanese cucumber cored and chopped.
Non-fried Cintan broad noodles boiled together with the ingredients.
I like my cucumber boiled rather than raw in this dish.
But it's really up to the individual.


Here comes the fun bit.
Toss!
Make sure the noodles are evenly coated.

It was a good start to my day off :)

No comments: